My emotions are incredibly mixed today. I almost didn’t vote today, but had a last-minute change of heart around 12 p.m. One of my relatives was just diagnosed with breast cancer and when I told my mom the news, she picked a fight over me not asking whether it was malignant or benign – then hung up on me. With these events in mind, I am thankful for:
– Simply having today OFF!!! No classes or work. Some don’t get this luxury.
– The willingness to share.
– Making it to the voting booth.
– That I didn’t stand in line to vote. No one was there except for volunteers!
– Faith. Because while my emotions may be mixed, they do not control my conduct. Also, because the grace that is sufficient for me is sufficient for others – providing us with what this guy has…
…and that is resilience.